Fire broke out in a building in Bosso Local Government Area of Niger State killing a pregnant woman alongside her two children.
The tragic incident which occurred at midnight was a result of a power surge in the apartment.
The pregnant woman was reportedly trying to save herself and her children but was overpowered by the fire.
Residents of the area expressed shock following the death of the victims.
One of the eyewitnesses explained that the woman was struggling to get out of the fire with her children but to no avail, as an iron burglary prevented her from leaving her apartment when she eventually got burnt with the two children.